When you go to Tulum, you will notice that the area is sectioned off in three different areas: the public beach, private beach, and Tulum City:
- Public Beach: The resorts around have a resort-style vibe. The coastlines aren’t as clean and white as the beaches in the “Private” area yet still attractive nonetheless. You can find some excellent hotel deals for this area. Additionally, note that this is the “peaceful” side of town with fewer dining establishments, as well as shops.
- Private Beach: Most likely, one of the most gorgeous yet most costly parts of the community. This location has ideal white sand beaches, chic restaurants, stunning boutique hotels, as well as high-end stores. Considering that it is personal, you have to typically acquire food/drinks or remain at the hotel to gain access. Some areas even have outfit codes!
- Tulum town: This location has more of a regional ambiance, as well as is filled with genuine taco stands. Whenever you are searching for a place with even more Mexican Society, then this location is for you to discover!
Tulum Travel Overview: Tips
- ALWAYS carry pesos! I recommend alerting your bank a few weeks in advance that you will require cash money pesos. Additionally, let your financial institution know you are traveling to Mexico. I really did not pay attention to my advice during our journey to Tulum, and our debit card was decreased when attempting to get money. I am typically in addition to this, as well as I was quite crazy, I got charged so much; however, we live, as well as learn. A lot of cenotes, dining establishments, as well as excursions, don’t approve cards, as well as I listened to that a few of the ATMs in Tulum doesn’t work, so take a lot of Mexican Pesos with you.
- The speed bumps and craters stressed me the most throughout our Tulum traveling. The bumps are one of the most enormous bumps I have actually ever seen, as well as the holes are throughout the major Tulum road. If you are leasing a vehicle, drive careful.
- Lots of people at the resorts as well as dining establishments speak English; however, because I know Spanish, as well as my hubby, is trying to learn it, we made sure to experiment with every person. The citizens got along and appreciative when we try to talk Spanish.
For visiting Tulum, most people come first to Cancun, and while booking their tickets, they also book their hotel and Cancun airport Transportation by eTransfers so that they can be tension-free.
When we visited, we were just two, so we booked Cancun to Tulum Shuttle by eTransfers.